A banner is best used as a callout in the storytelling flow. Use it to break up the rhythm as the user goes down the page and to highlight short concise aspects of the product or service.
- Keep the text concise and focused.
- Be mindful that these have a punctuation effect in the rhythm of the storytelling.
- Keep the banner content contextual to the rest of the page.
- Use several banners together as a group. The effect of the callout can be diminished when several of them are stacked.
- Schema definition: The banner schema defines the acceptable configurations, requirements, and options for each module.