Use link navigation to navigate to related pages on the site.
- In general, link navigation should be placed toward the top of the page rather than mixed in with the rest of the page content. For example, you might find it below a hero.
- Keep it to a small number of links. We recommend three to five links.
- Don't use link navigation to navigate further down the page. Use in-page navigation instead.
- Don't include all site pages in link navigation, only use pages related to the topic being discussed.
- Don't use the left align option for the icon version as this will result in poor alignments.
- For any link navigation with a title, add the
aria-labelledbyattribute to the nav element, and an
idto the heading element. The content of the attributes must be the same. This will assign the title as the nav element's accessibile name.
Link navigation can have a title, images, or just links.
- Schema definition: The link-navigation schema defines the acceptable configurations, requirements, and options for each component.